How to earn money by coding? – The coolest thing about learning to code is that there are tons of ways to go about it. The only thing that can limit you is your own creativity and there are absolutely zero limits to the earning power you can create.
The Internet has opened up a world of possibilities for programmers. You can generate money by offering your skills online with your knowledge of programs and coding languages.
You can earn a full time income by using different methods if you put in efforts and figure out what works for you. Just like any other job, coding provides you various options to earn money through skills, hardwork and resilience.
Following are the 11 methods on how you can make money with code:
- Freelancing: Platforms like Fiverr, Freelancer and Upwork provide you tons of programming gigs. You can also use different social media sites or can directly pitch to a client that needs a programmer.
The best thing about freelancing is that you get freedom to work from anywhere you want and according to your own schedule.
- Develop Apps: You can utilize your programming skills to develop apps and monetize it. You can create essential apps for Android and iOS and launch it. You can also use different media platforms to sell it directly to the public.
If you have an idea that you think is marketable, you can create it yourself. If you need more amazing ideas you can use Apache, Cordova and more.
After developing the app, you can sell it on websites like Flippa through classified listing or an auction.
- Blogging: As a programmer, you can easily make money blogging in the programming niche. You can monetise your skills in a number of ways like providing premium content, offering coding tutorials and through affiliate links.
- Online Educator: There are a lot of people who want to learn how to code and you can be the one who teaches them. You can use management systems like Coursera and Udemy to create online courses.
Use your blog to reach potential clients by putting free tutorials to build traffic. You can also utilize your skills by becoming a computer science instructor for online tutoring platforms, coding boot camps or universities. You can also use platforms like CodeAcademy, Udemy and Coursera.
- Making WordPress themes and plugins: WordPress plugins and themes are high in demand and are a great way to earn some sweet cash. You can develop modules like themes and plugins or can develop apps for WordPress.
- Developing Games: You can use your coding skills to develop a game for Android and iOS. Game development is a lucrative field. You can use different platforms like Fupa to sell your games online.
- Starting a personal website: You can start a personal website to show off your skills. It’s a great way for branding. You can share programming tips and other coding related content on the website.
You can also earn through affiliate marketing, Google AdSense and advertising.
- Becoming a python developer: Python developer is a very well-paying job. As a developer, you can earn up to 100K with expert python knowledge.
You can build websites, optimise data algorithms, create efficient, testable and reusable codes, implement data security procedures and many more.
- Becoming a Product Manager: This is yet another lucrative job. Companies are always on the lookout for product managers to help them with decision making. Becoming a Product Manager involves researching new features, identifying the needs of the marketplace and showing why a particular product should be developed.
- Becoming a Data Analyst: Python is a language used by data analysts. A lot of big companies are always searching for data and AI analysts with expertise in python to help with massive data collections.
- Creating a YouTube channel: YouTube is the most visited website in the world. You can make a YouTube channel and earn by growing subscriber’s base. The more subscribers you gain, more you can earn. You can create videos and give coding tips and solve queries related to coding. Make sure you are consistent with the content.