Make Money Online with Affiliate Marketing – Did you always want to become an entrepreneur? Do you also want to work from the comfort of your home and make money without having to go to the office? Affiliate marketing is just the answer to that. It allows you to generate a passive income from anywhere in the world. But before jumping into the complexities let’s learn the basics.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a marketing practice that allows the affiliate to earn a commission for the sale made through their recommendation. In simple words, an online retailer pays the affiliate commission for sales made for the traffic generated through their referrals.
To break it down further:
- Affiliate recommends a product through their blog or website.
- The followers purchase the product using the affiliate link.
- The affiliate gets a commission for the sale made through the link they provided.
What do you need to get started?
To get started, you need two things:
- Create a platform
- Choose products to promote
- Creating a platform: The first thing you need to make money through affiliate marketing is a website or a blog. You could easily build a professional looking website using tools like WordPress within minutes. Once you have your website, the next step is determining the products that you want to promote.
- Choosing products to promote: Once you have picked a niche, choosing which products to promote should not be very difficult. Just make sure the products you choose should fit your niche and are related to your content. Join different affiliate networks to know the best products to promote for your niche.
Affiliate networks connect advertisers and affiliate marketers. Some of the popular affiliate networks are: ShareAsale, ClickBank, CJ Affiliate, Impact, Flexoffers and Amazon associates.
You can use the data available on these affiliate networks to increase your profit. Now that you have created your website and pick the product to promote, it is time to learn how to monetize it.
How to make money online with affiliate marketing?
- Create good content: Instead of publishing random content and inserting random affiliate links, publish content that reaches your targeted audience. Posting quality links will help the users discover the right product and navigate them to the website to complete the purchase. Target investigational intent keyboards i.e. keywords the targeted audience uses to search on Google regarding the product they want.
- Promote affiliate products in the content: Now that you are finished with the keyword research and decided the type of content you want to produce, start inserting the affiliate links into your content. Insert links strategically to ensure profit. Do not add links that don’t fit your content.
- Turn visitors into customers: To turn the visitors on your site into customers and to boost your revenue, you could use Conversion Optimisation software’s. It helps you convert more of the traffic into customers and increase your revenue. You could create popup campaigns to Grab visitors’ attention and convert them into customers.
- Optimise the existing traffic: Identify what your highest converting content is and give it a priority. If you know the kind of posts that your audience resonates with, you can create campaigns for that particular set of audience. This is way better than making campaigns blindly. Identify the articles that attract the audience using Google Analytics dashboard and create targeted campaigns.
To attract potential customers, you could use free marketing methods such as Craigslist and free ad websites, paid advertising using Google AdSense, email marketing or article marketing.
Developing your business further
You need to be strategized to keep the business flourishing. To continue earnings through affiliate marketing business, consider the following:
- Keep learning: Join an online community or a discussion forum to get exposed to other people in the business. They are free to join and can help you gain exposure and experience. Some of the online communities are DigitalPoint, ABestWeb and WarriorForum.
- Quality over quantity: To ensure the success of your affiliate marketing campaign, you need to get the collaborations that would direct traffic to your blog or site. It doesn’t matter if the associates are big or small. Having several affiliates does not guarantee more money.
- Build strong relationships: It is important to create and maintain potent relationships with your partners. Be patient with your affiliates. It will help you in the long run.
Different programs follow different payment terms:
- Pay per click (PPC): The affiliate makes money based on the number of visitors redirected by the website or blog to the retailer’s website.
- Pay per sale (PPS): The affiliate makes money once the purchase is done. They get a percentage of the sale made.
- Pay per lead (PPL): The affiliate makes money when a visitor provides their contact info on the retailer’s website.
Why should you consider affiliate marketing business?
- It is free of cost. It involves zero investment.
- Since you are only marketing the product and not creating it, you do not need to provide customer support.
- It is a source of a steady passive income that you can keep making even while you are asleep.
- It allows you to work remotely from the comforts of your home since all the work is done online.
- Affiliate marketing is a global market and helps you reach people from all around the world.
Like every other business, there are some challenges and drawbacks to affiliate marketing:
- Time: It takes patience, time and commitment to generate traffic. It doesn’t happen overnight.
- Lost payments: Some companies fail to give credit to their affiliates for the referral.
- Competition: It is a highly competitive business model. You will have to compete with many affiliates who promote and sell the same products to the set of a similar target audience.
As easy as it sounds, it takes a lot of work and patients to earn through affiliate marketing so do not expect instant results. Take your time, research, and select the right product, create your platform, feed it with notable content, generate quality traffic, and turn them into leads. Do not worry if you don’t do it right on the first try. Learn from others and try again.
191 total views, 1 views today